Friday, April 14, 2006

The week that wasn't

So I've neglected my blog all week. That in itself is a crime. I really don't know how many of you read this, but if you do and were hoping for an update, I apologize. I just didn't spend much time at the computer this week. Typically I post before heading to work, but for whatever reason, I woke up late most days this week and didn't have time. Either that, or I was trying to fix my completely f-ed up fantasy baseball team. Three guys hit the DL in one week? Are you kidding me?


Anyways....last weekend was Rachel and my trip to a Catholic retreat for Engaged couples. Basically all we did was write on a topic relating to some aspect of a relationship, then talk about it. We did this all weekend with hardly any breaks. Rachel did happen to walk through a candle display at one point. That was the highlight of the weekend. If I had a video of the event, it would be far funnier than I could ever convey in written words. The setting, the mood of everyone there, the reactions and the look of shock on her face as she tried to avoid crushing any of these candles by hopping around was priceless. I really wish you all could've seen it.

The other thing I need to comment on is the insanity of my aunt Pam. Now, I love Pam to death. But sometimes she does things that defy logic. She's never thrown anything away in her life. Because of this her life is crammed. Literally every aspect of her life is overfull. Her apartment is so full of stray cats she's taken in, stuffed animals and writable cds she got on sale at Costco that there is literally not room for a table. There aren't rooms, there's pathways. Picture an ant farm. That's what her apartment looks like. No spaces, just hallways. Her purse must weigh 20 pounds. Her freezer is full of berries from 1981. It's insanity.

Anyways, this week, she sent Easter Cards to everyone as she normally does. This time, however she sent one to Rachel. Not just me, but Rachel. Now for whatever reason, she sent us separate cards. We live at the same place, we're essentially the same person when dealing with family situations. But that wasn't the very strange part. The craziest thing was that she sent these cards in SEPARATE ENVELOPES! That means two cards, two envelopes, two stamps. My only thought as to why she'd do this is that she sent me a check for $25 (we won't even get into the fact that I'm gainfully employed and don't need 'kicker' checks from family members on my birthday or holidays anymore) and didn't want Rachel to feel bad that she didn't get a check. As if we were going to open our mail at different times, or that we don't share money anyways.

Like I said, I love Pam, but damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment