Monday, April 3, 2006

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was pretty entertaining. Saturday Rachel and I worked out then drove to Portland to select our wedding bands. Growing up listening to all those damn Tom Shane commercials on the radio, you vow to yourself you'll never go there. It gets so bad, you can recite the end of the commercials. "The Shane Company, on the west corner of highway 217 at Scholls Ferry Rd. Open Monday thru Friday til 8, Saturday and Sunday til 5."


And you know what? That place is pretty damn cool. The people are real nice, not pushy, and they give you free bottled water and fresh baked cookies. You can't beat that. Took us about 45 minutes to pick out the rings we liked. Rachel having such small fingers, had to special order a ring that will be here in 10 weeks. We get married in 12. Hope there's no delays. Her ring is really great, five little diamonds totalling a quarter carat. Accompanies her engagement ring real well. Mine is a plain old boring white gold band. Imagine my surprise when I learned that this little plain circle of metal costs $325. I guess since I'm going to have it for life, that's not too bad. Rachel felt bad that her ring was a little out of our budget, but I was able to convince her that she was going to have this thing on her finger for a long time, so she better like looking at it.

Sunday, I woke up and flipped on the TV around 9. I happened upon a show on the Sci-Fi channel called "The Triangle." Semi interesting show. After two hours, the show ended with no real resolution. I was like "That's it? What a rip!" Then I realized that it was a mini-series, with part 2 starting immediately after. So I watched part 2. Then came the utter shock and horror that there was a part 3. So basically I watched a six hour movie on the Bermuda Triangle on the Sci Fi channel. Pretty much the worst way to spend a Sunday morning. But I just couldn't justify watching the first 4 hours and then blowing off the last 2. This ever happen to any of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment