Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Lame

The Super Bowl was really, really, really lame this year. The game wasn't all that exciting.....I don't really want to see 5 fumbles in the first half of the championship game. I don't want to see Rex Grossman throwing the ball straight up in the air and just praying that it lands in his guys hands. And I don't want to see lame ass commercials.


As far as I'm concerned, there's only three memorable commercials: The "what your mom would feed you if your mom was a man" Combo's commercial that aired before the game even started, the Snickers kiss commercial (which was hilarious until they pulled out their chest hair...what the hell was that?) and the Emerald Nuts commercial with Robert Goulet. I think that one might've been my favorite, since it was the only one that was strong for a full 30 seconds. But seriously.....if you have $2.7 million dollars that you're going to spend on a commercial, don't you think you're going to come up with something that people will remember? Even Bud's Rock Paper Scissors joke was pretty lame......Nextel did the same gag last year in their "theft deterrant" commercial.

I'd say that the biggest TV day of the year was a complete and total bust, but it was saved by the food we had (Costco croissant sandwiches, Rachel's famous cheesy potatoes, summer sausage, chocolate chip cookies, Pepsi, and jello) and the company that came over (always good to see Grant and of course the dynamic duo of Gjurg and Sarah.)

I also saw a few good movies this weekend: Little Miss Sunshine and The Illusionist. I'd highly recommend L.M.S. to anyone, and the illusionist is pretty good, but it gets slow at some parts. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment