Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Applebees: BANNED!

So yesterday I wrote in a survey that I wanted to go to Applebees for dinner. But of course, you knew that, because you read it....right?


Anyways, I was able to talk Rachel into going, but only if we did the Carside To Go. I was all about this, because I've never tried that, and it seemed like a great idea.

I called them at 4:56 pm last night. The call went something like this:

Applebees: Thank you for calling Applebees featuring Carside to Go, how may I help you?

Andy: I would like some of that Carside To Go you just mentioned.

Applebees: Ok sir, what can I get you?

Andy: A chicken fajita roll-up and a BBQ chicken sandwich

Applebees: Ok, and what is your name, and what kind of car are you driving?

Andy: My name is Andy, and I'm driving a blue Jeep Compass.

Applebees: Ok Andy, we'll see you in about 15 minutes. Thank you for choosing Applebees!

So we hop in the car, get some gas on the way, and we're at Applebee's by 5:18 pm. About 5:30, this girl comes out to our car and asks me if I am Jim. No, I am not Jim. Then she goes back into the restaurant. A few minutes later, she comes back out.

"Did you order the taco salad and the steak?"

Now I'm a little peeved. About 5:45, a manager comes out and apologizes us for the wait and tries to apologize for her server because she "got 17 orders in 45 minutes." Doing the math, that's roughly one phone call every 3 minutes. You're telling me she can't enter an order into the computer in 3 minutes? c'mon.

So we finally get our food a little before 6, and we're also given a free appetizer and a free dessert. Not sure when we're going to use it however, because this little disaster just landed Applebees firmly on the list of banned establishments. Currently the only other place that is banned is KMart, for only having one checker on a weeknight and making us wait 20 minutes to buy a few 2-Liters of pop.

Applebees Carside To Go? More like Applebees Carside Too Slow.

1 comment:

  1. Undenіably believe that which you said. Your faѵorite јustifiсation apρeared to bе on the web the simplest
    thіng to be aware of. I say to yοu, I certainly get
    annoyed while pеople cоnѕiԁer worries that
    they plаinly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Look at my weblog :: crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete