Friday, December 29, 2006

Ding dong the week is gone

That was a loooooong week of work. I went in early or stayed late nearly every day. And yet, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. I'd heard horror stories of working multiple weekends in December and having to stay til the wee hours of the night trying to get people's donations in before the new year. It really wasn't that bad. Bust your ass for about 4 days, and that was it. Nothing to get all worked up about. In fact, I went in at 6 this morning and had just about everything done by kickoff of the Beavers game (more on this later) and was able to watch the whole game and still get out of work at 5 pm! Can't argue with that. And, I probably won't have to work tomorrow, which is fantastic!


Ok, back to the Beavs game.....absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a game that left me with a better feeling when it was over, with the exception of maybe the Civil War in 1998. Given all that has gone on this year, with people (including me for a few days after the Boise St. game) giving this team up for dead and piling on the coach and the quarterback, to beating USC and hanging on in the Civil War, to come from behind and win this game by going for two at the very end.....just awesome. The post game show was just caller after caller talking about how lucky the Beavs are to have Riley as a coach, how great a guy he is, and to see Matt Moore able to lift the MVP trophy over his head.....I really felt just so great for those two guys in particular. They've had an entire fan base boo them and basically tell them they aren't worth a damn, and to come out with everyone singing their praises....it has to be especially sweet for those guys. Congrats to the entire team....I truly am proud to call myself an OSU grad today.

In other news, my wife finally returns on Monday. I'd like to tell you all that I kept the house in order, made myself healthy meals every night and exercised regularly. I'd LIKE to tell you that, but if I did, I'd be lying. Truth is, I pretty much fell apart. I don't like to admit that I rely on other people that often. I like to think of myself as an independent person. I remember being so happy the day that I realized that my parents were not supporting me in any way possible anymore. I came back down to earth rather quickly when I realized that now my wife is supporting me. I'm sure she'd tell you that I support her as well, but we all know the truth, don't we?

Hope you all have a safe New Years. I'll be up in the greater Portland area. Might end up in Wilsonville/West Linn, Gresham, Downtown, Tigard, Southeast Portland....who knows? Let me know what's going on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment