Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Not your grandpa's chat room

So today has just been awful. I know this sounds weird, lame, and little sappy, but since Rachel left for Wisconsin, I don't feel right. Like nothing's wrong, I just don't feel the same. It's weird being in the house by myself all night.....especially with nothing but re-runs on tv. I decided to rent X-Men III and Beerfest, because I knew I'd never get to rent them if Rachel was around. Let's just say maybe I should listen to her more on movie choices. Both were alright, but I'd just as soon have my $7.50 back. Then I just laid in bed and tossed around til like 2am. It's weird sleeping in it by myself. It's almost like I have too much room.


Today at work was a disaster. They seriously shouldn't have us come into work until about 11 and then leave at 7 or 8 at night. It'd make way more sense. Instead, I sit around a pretty much do nothing in the morning and then have to go like hell in the afternoon to try and squeeze in stuff that needs to be done by the 5 pm. It's ridiculous.

Anyways, I felt like I'd forgotten how to work today. Everything seemed like 10 times more difficult than normal today. I've done the same stuff every day for the past year, and yet today I was struggling to do it right. That just made me flustered, so I tried to rush through things, and that made it worse. If I gave myself a grade for the day, I'd give myself a D. I think my boss would give me a B+, but that's only because she would grade on a curve, and I definitely can thank my co-worker for dragging that thing down.

It's boring when your wife leaves town. That's what I've learned so far this week. That, and MySpace has chat rooms. But don't use them. They aren't fun. Trust me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment