Monday, December 4, 2006

I'm full of the christmas spirit!

Christmas has come to AndyLand.


Yesterday I listened to John Denver and the Muppets - A Christmas Together like 14 times through, shopped for a majority of the day, then came home and watched "Miracle on 34th Street," Which is a fantastic movie. And not the newly released one, the 1947 version. That guy won an oscar for his portrayal of the jolliest of jolly, and he deserved it. Hell, by the end of the movie, I believed he was Santa.

But the movie got me thinking......it was a black and white film, that was "colorized." Now when they go back 40 years after the fact and basically color the movie like a kid with some crayons and a stencil, how do they get the colors right? Do they just guess? Or is there some sort of grayscale recognition software that can take a shade of gray from a black and white movie and tell you what color it is supposed to be? I need to know this stuff man. This might be my mission today if work keeps dragging on....not much to do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment