Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Back on the job

Well, my summer of fun is over. I bought a house, I got married, I went to Hawaii, and I've just returned from a second reception in Wisconsin. That was a lot of fun. The Sports Guy wrote a column about his trip to Milwaukee on ESPN.com last week, and what he said is so true.....it's really like people in Wisconsin didn't get the memo that eating obscene amounts of red meat and cholesterol laden foods was bad for you. I think in the five days I was there, I probably took five years off my life. Nothing but burgers, brats, frozen custard, cheesy potatoes, bacon, chicken wings and the like for 5 straight days. It was good, but by last night, I was actually missing the feeling of an empty stomach. I'm going to try and quit the Wisconsin diet cold turkey and switch to a diet of cheerios and baked potatoes for the next few days to see if I can somehow get my body back to feeling like a well oiled machine rather than an overfull water balloon.


The other thing I learned is that Wisconsin is not the barren wasteland I've seen in the winters. That place is greener than Oregon in the summers. See, while we get rain 9 months of the year, they get a little bit year round. So there were trees and fields of corn and some of the greenest grass you've ever seen everywhere! It was really a beautiful place, and I'm sorry I'd only seen it in sub-zero temperatures with nothing was living prior. Everyone was so nice to us there too. It's a great place to visit. I don't think I could handle winters there though. I like being able to feel my face when I go outside.

If you are ever in the midwest and you come across a culver's restaurant....stop and get a butter burger. It sounds gross, but trust me, it's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment