Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wicked!

Last night Rachel and I made a trip up to Portland to see the musical "Wicked." I had an absolute blast. It was amazingly good. I know I'm kind of weird guy, but I don't think there was a person in Keller Auditorium last night that didn't have a great time. At intermission, the lights came on, and EVERYONE was grinning ear to ear and talking about how good it was. I'm not kidding. Not only was it good, it was extremely funny. People were genuinely excited about what they were seeing. While it lost a little steam after intermission, it was still well worth the price of admission. If you have a free night between now and Sunday night and you're going to be in the Portland area, I'd strongly suggest you see about getting tickets. I heard that if you call the auditorium, they sometimes hold same day tickets to sell to people to fill the seats.


The play didn't really follow the book, and that's a good thing. The strange book makes some pretty strange twists and turns on its way to a strange conclusion. The play has a much more defined story line and ties into the original Wizard of Oz much better. While I thought the book was alright, the musical is by far a better time, and it's only about a third as long as the time it'd take you to read the book.

Well I'm off to work.....did I mention my new car gets 25.4 MPG? That's a little better than the 6 I'm used to

No comments:

Post a Comment