Saturday, September 16, 2006

Wow

So there were a few articles in the Oregonian about the replay official in the Ducks game last weekend receiving death threats. He says he knows he screwed it up, and he's having trouble sleeping and his blood pressure won't come down and all this stuff. Apparently the guy has been an official since the early 80's and has done Rose Bowls and Fiesta Bowls. Yet he botched this call, and it undoubtedly cost Oklahoma the game. I feel terrible for the guy, for Oklahoma, and basically anyone involved not affiliated with the University of Oregon, who should count this win up to sheer luck. Anyone who says Oklahoma is just being sore losers is right. But wouldn't you be sore if a major game was basically taken away from you because the guy in the replay booth didn't get enough time to go over the play and get it right? Any Oregon fan who tries to say "that's just the way the ball bounces" should be strung up, because they're lying and they know it.


In other news, work is killing me right now. Yesterday we were fairly busy all day, which was nice. Today, I've been working hard all morning, and now I fear I'll have nothing to do this afternoon. Such is life. My coworker claims she's had absolutely no time to do this project our boss gave her a few weeks back, yet when our boss says "you really need to get that done," amazingly she has a full morning to get it done today. This is why I need a new job. What I really need is to start a business so I can hire people that work when there's work to be done and can have fun when times are slow. Who wouldn't want to work at a place like that? Now I just need to figure out what business I'm going to start.

I'm also going to another advising appointment with the college of business this afternoon. Apparently I might not have to take Math 111 after all. I'm going to try and get a comprehensive idea of what I want to do....hopefully this advisor will be more on the level with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment