Monday, August 7, 2006

MTV.....For those with short attention spans

So I've started watching MTV in the mornings while I work out on the elliptical. It's about the only time they show music videos, which are pretty much the best thing MTV shows, and the reason they even have a channel. I suppose you could argue that shows like True Life: I'm trying to go celibate and My Super Sweet 16 are good shows because they are so damn amusing, but really you know you're going to hell for contributing to these nobody's thinking they're a big deal.


Anyways, I started this yesterday, watching 45 minutes of video. I was a little upset when they showed the video for Army of Me's "Going Through Changes" twice in a span of 15 minutes, but because they were starting the "Big 10" videos at 7 am, I let it slide. Thought it was bad programming to show a video you knew was going to be 10 in a few minutes, but whatever.......

Until they did it again today. Not only that, but I saw three of the same videos I saw in the same 45 minute span yesterday again today. Seriously, are there that few music videos out there? Couldn't you squeeze in a few throwback videos? Like who wouldn't get excited if after a few current videos a classic like Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" or Billy Idol's "Cradle of Love" came on? Come on people.

I'm giving MTV one more day to shape up, or I'm switching to VH-1 or CMT. I may have to go to something like this:

Monday - MTV

Tuesday - VH-1

Wednesday - CMT

Thursday - ESPN

Friday - CNN

I'm a little iffy about Thursday and Friday because I usually watch Sportscenter in the evenings so I know what happened already, and I'm always worried that CNN will be running some story into the ground (as is customary with the news programs these days......really, having some guy camped outside Michael Vick's house saying "There's really been no activity here over the past week, but here's what we do know....." is not doing it for me.)

If any of you out there watch TV in the mornings and have something that holds your interest, please let me know. I don't know how many more times I can hear some group called the Plain White T's (is that the best they could come up with?) sing about Delilah doing her thing in NYC. Furthermore, who would name their daughter Delilah? Are there people out there who don't know how she totally screwed over Sampson? She's like the most hated woman in the history of the world! But thanks to these T-shirt guys, hundreds of teenage mothers are going to name their daughters Delilah. Nothing like starting them out on the wrong foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment