Monday, August 21, 2006

I used up all my sick days so I called in dead

Well we're back from our Honeymoon. Actually, since a member or members of our respective families were present for a good portion of the trip, we dubbed it our "familymoon," or as they'd say in Hawaii, "ohanamoon."


Chicago was amazing.....great city. We got to tour Wrigley Field, which was really cool. No wonder people in that city love the Cubs. The stadium is built right in the middle of a neighborhood....it truly is like rooting for the team down the block. Great atmosphere, and I didn't even get to see a game there.

No matter how many times you go to Hawaii, it never gets old. The most exciting thing we did there was take a trip out in the ocean on a yacht that raced in the America's Cup. While we couldn't get it up to racing speed, it was still pretty cool. But other than that, it was a whole lot of laying on the beach, swimming in the ocean, and eating. Great times.

The worst part of any vacation is coming home. We actually pulled into our driveway last night about 2 in the morning, and here it is less than 5 hours later and I'm already dressed and ready to head to work. Not exactly easing back into things after a week and a half off. It'll be a miracle if I can keep it together through the whole day and don't end up relapsing into vacation and just getting up halfway through the morning, throwing on a swimsuit and going to lay in the grass outside the office.

The good news is that I only have to work a week and a half, and then it's off to Wisconsin for our second reception in Rachel's hometown. I swear, this is the wedding that never ends. By the time we finish that reception, we'll have had just about two full months between the start of wedding activities and the end of them. Not that I'm complaining. We've received more gifts and well wishes than I ever could've dreamed possible. Our friends and family have been amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment