Monday, August 28, 2006

And the winner is.....

I don't get awards shows. They run too long, and everybody bitches about it. Then they do all these things to speed it up which just make the whole thing weird. They're interrupting people's speeches with music, they have people walking out onto the stage while other people are finishing up, they hand out two awards at the same time......the whole thing seems just way too spastic. I couldn't handle the emmy's last night. I felt like I needed to drink some Jolt Cola just to keep up with what was going on. Personally, I'd rather they just kept it running long and let people talk and enjoy the fact that they just won a damn Emmy! I mean, if you won an Emmy, wouldn't you want to be able to thank people and talk about what it meant to you without some scrawny conductor cutting you off after you say "I'd like to thank everyone that".....and here comes some Beethoven number. Strange.


Three days of work this week and then we're off to Wisconsin for our reception in Rachel's hometown. It's a bit insane that we're having 225 people at this thing when we only had about 145 at the actual wedding. All this means is that more people love Rachel than love me. Well, either that, or her extended family is huge, and they all happen to live within 40 miles of each other.

Grant and my dad didn't book their hotel soon enough, and it turns out nearly every hotel (all 4 of them) in Richland Center was booked solid. Why, you ask, would a town of 5,000 people be completely booked? Why, because the Miss Wisconsin pageant is being held in R.C. that weekend! I don't know why that is so amusing to me, but it makes me laugh. Anyways, so Grant and Dad weren't able to get into the hotel we're in the first two nights. I guess they got into some dive that had one room left, and it only has one double bed. Hope you're comfy guys!

Steve asked me to be an usher in his wedding, and said that instead of making us rent tuxes, we could just wear suits. That Steve, always looking out for his friends, trying to save them a few dollars. Then again, I don't own a suit, so this is going to cost me more than renting a tux would. I guess now's as good a time as any to get myself a suit.

I wonder what the average age of buying your first suit is. I'm betting I'm about 3 or 4 years behind the curve. But then again, it took me 7 years to get a bachelor's degree, so I guess I'm right on time......Lasselle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment