Friday, August 4, 2006

Lance Armstrong and the wisdom of Dale

Yesterday was just a strange day. Across the board.


On my way to work, I was cruising down Highway 20, when I look into the river and see a guy floating down the river in an inflatable raft. At 7:30 in the morning. By himself. Without a fishing pole. Have no clue what he was doing. About 2 minutes later, I pass an incredibly obese man on a recumbent bike - one with hand pedals. He looked like he'd been pedaling for hours, the sweat was just pouring off of him. Not 50 yards past him, I see this guy dressed like he's out to be the next Lance Armstrong. Full Tour de France gear. The Oakley shades, shiny racing shirt and tight spandex shorts, aerodynamic helmet. Only he's not biking. He's got a bike with him, but he's trying to track a bird with his camera phone. Seriously. This guy broke from his workout to try and get a grainy picture of a bird in motion on his motorola. You've got to be kidding me. But no, the drive was not done. A few minutes later, I pass a guy dressed like he just got off the set of Miami Vice, just strolling along the highway listening to his I-pod. Strange stuff.

Then last night I head out to the hay field, where Dad starts just dropping knowledge all over the place. He actually equated driving a stacker to Tom Sawyer. I didn't even know he'd read Tom Sawyer. But nothing prepared me for his next nugget of golden knowledge.

We're talking about hunting season, and someone said something along the lines of "hunting with a rifle is retarded. You should hunt with a bow," to which dad said "you should hunt with a camera."

Thank you Dalefucious.

No comments:

Post a Comment