Friday, August 25, 2006

Bite me in the ass, OSU

So you know that saying the past is the past? Not at OSU apparently.


That "D" I got in writing 121 back in the fall of 1997 is now preventing me from pursuing a degree.

Lemme set this up for you. Back in '97 I had this long haired hippie grad student teaching my 121 class. On the first day of class he goes into this thing about how this "isn't high school anymore" blah blah blah. Basically if we did the assignment and met all his requirements we would get a "C." If it was good and he could tell we worked on it, it was a "B." What's an "A" you ask? Well, to him, an "A" was only handed out if your paper was "art."

Art?

So yeah......basically I bust my ass and the only thing I get out of it is a C or C- on everything. So I basically throw in the towel, turn in my last two papers weeks early and stop going to class. Thus, the D.

Now, I can't have a D in any class applicable to a business degree to be accepted into the college of business. So I have to retake Writing 121. But they don't let people whose last name start with L to take WR121 in the fall. So I have to wait until winter. During that time, I could be taking other classes that aren't CoB (College of Business) classes, but the problem is I can't take classes until a college accepts me. So I have to find another college on campus that will accept me. And if I get all this done, then in the spring, after I've taken WR 121, then I can re-apply to the CoB.

So, if I want to take accounting classes (I do), I could start taking them at the earliest in the spring of '07. That is, if they offer the first class in the series in the spring.

(They don't)

In summary....my progress towards an accounting degree is being delayed by a year, during which time I'll have to take the same class (along with other entry level classes) I took nearly a decade ago with students who are nearly a decade younger than me, all because of a Nazi who didn't think my writing was fucking "art?"

BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment