Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Go team insurance!

So I got a call from Hope Davis, Progressive Auto Claims Rep. She was very professional. I'm pretty sure she had the manual right in front of her and read it word for word. I seriously felt like I was on the stand at a big trial. She kept asking me to state my full name and spell the last name, things like that. I had to confirm that she had told me that the conversation was being recorded. My favorite question was this though - "Ok Andrew, now most importantly was anyone hurt in the accident?" I nudged an unoccupied parked truck! Probably not Hope's fault that she had to ask that, but damn.......I mean some things can obviously be left out of the Progressive Claims Manual in certain situations.


The good news though is that I won't have to pay anything out of pocket for the damage to their truck. I now understand why insurance is a good thing. My rates might go up a little, but hey, my dad pays it. I know, I know, some of you are saying "Andy, you're 26 years old, you should be paying for your own car insurance." Well, you're right. Right after the wedding, I'm planning on getting my own car. Once I have my own car, I'll get my own insurance. So there. I'm working towards independence from my parents. This is the last thing. Besides, most of us leech off our parents our whole lives......be it help with student loans, car payments, house payments, whatever. And it'll all be payed back....I'm going to have to pay for crap for my kids one day. That's how it's done in our family. Kids never pay for anything. My grandpa's 93 and he's still providing for my 55 year old dad. That's how we know we love each other.

Work's going well. Carla's gone this week, and so far it's been just Robyn and me. Amazingly, I think we've gotten more done than we usually get done with everyone there. Something wrong with that equation........

Well, I guess it's about that time....off to the daily grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment