Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Gettin' it

So this weekend was a busy time. OSU beat the Ducks on a very, very, very lucky tip. At this point however, the team will take a win any way they can. Good to see the place full, good to see the team win. Dad, Grandpa, and Grant came down for the game, and we BBQ'ed and had a good ol' time. Lately in surveys and things like that, I've said that pizza was my favorite food. It's not. It's a good burger. I swear to god there's nothing better than a juicy cheeseburger.


Sunday we went to my little cousin carrie's birthday party. Apparently Strawberry Shortcake is making a comeback, because she had Strawberry EVERYTHING. It was amazing. I can't wait til my kid has some obsession and we have to get matching bedsheets, toothbrushes, lunchboxes, clothing, shoes, etc. Especially if I hate the fad of the moment. That'll be awesome.

Sunday night we had our first wedding preparation class. We just go meet with this couple from the parish and do all these bonding exercises. It turned out to be not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure, we did things like draw our childhood home and talk about what rooms had special significance to us and then draw our family tree, indicating strong and weak relationships and things like that, but the couple we meet with is pretty interesting, and they seem genuinely interested in seeing Rachel and me succeed in our marriage. The lady actually was one of the last people to immigrate to the united states through Ellis Island as a child. That's pretty interesting to me. Unfortunately we're there to talk about us, not them, so we didn't get to hear too much about that.

Yesterday I went to Rite-aid at lunch to get some blister pads for my toe. I managed to rip off nearly all the skin on my big toe playing basketball, and so it kinda hurts. Anyways, on the way out of the store, I noticed a stress level tester by the door. Since I had a quarter in my pocket, I figured "what the hell?" So I pop my quarter in, and next thing I know, there's this extremely loud, prolonged beep that sounds like an alarm. It was ridiculous.......basically it drew everyone's attention to the fool in the corner testing his stress on a cheap ass machine for a quarter. Now, I'm not a guy who is very stressed, but I'm sure that loud noises and feelings of embarassment raise your stress levels. Good to have a machine that actually raises your stress rather than simply testing it. Guess you get what you pay for though. That means I'm boycotting Rite Aid for a month. I'm now up to three Corvallis establishments that are being boycotted currently. Arby's for not carrying the 5 for $5.95 deal, Carmike Cinemas for making me wait 10 minutes before telling me they don't have any gift certificates, and now Rite Aid. All bans last one month before reinstatement.

If anyone can tell me when MTV is going to run "True Life: I'm the Kiefer Kia girl" please let me know. I really want to see that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment