Friday, July 29, 2005

What you gonna do with all that junk?

Well, after several months of pussyfooting around with Sam Health, they finally decided to hire me. Although it's not for the job I wanted, it is still for a job that pays a little better than 25% more than what I'm currently making, so I'm not going to complain. I still think their HR department needs to be gutted. I applied for that job over 2 months ago....close to three. But it all works out well. Now I'll be able to take that entire week that Rachel's parents are here off before starting....woo ha! Way to work the system. Ok, I must admit, it was Rachel's idea, so all the props go to her.


Most people look forward to summers. Warm weather, weekends filled with camping and hanging out by a body of water. I spend my weekends in a tractor. Yes it is once again time for me to satisfy the agricultural jones inside me and hop behind the wheel of a John Deere 4440 tractor and spend my weekend driving around in circles for 12 hours a day, baling hay. And strangely enough, I'm looking forward to it. Really throws a kink into my fun though, I'm going to have to nix a trip to Brookings with Steve next weekend to bale, but oh well.

Rachel and I also secured our first legitimate "couple friends" in Cory and Amy. The four of us went mini golfing last night and then got some ice cream. A good time was had by all. Naturally, Rachel won, as she normally does at mini golf. Michelle Wie, watch your ass.

I got nothing else. It's bloody hot, and I'm begging for an eighty degree day. That'd be nice.

Remember when Jerry Rice was the best receiver in football? Neither does he.

Remember when Ken Griffey Jr. said he'd never play for the Yankees? Neither does he.

Sports is a funny world.

No comments:

Post a Comment