Tuesday, June 7, 2005

work work work

so work has been...........well that's how work has been.


Friday we were two people short so I had a lot of work to do....found out that as long as there are charts in front of you, you can annihilate our productivity goals. The minimum goal for the day is to process 300 charts. I did 1140. Supposedly it's close to some sort of record. Maybe it is one, I don't know. The point is, I've been there for a month and a half and I've already broken a productivity record? C'mon. Doesn't exactly speak volumes about the quality of people they have in there. Not to say that all of them are inept....there's actually some people there that are a lot like me....good head on their shoulders, just no real direction and can't find a job because of that. Then there's people like this:

Yesterday I walk in from lunch to hear one guy telling another guy how "interesting" the internet is. He goes on to talk about how he has this "friend" that tells him all the bizarre stuff he finds on the internet. This included videos of extremely obese women stepping on small animals to satisfy something called a "crush fetish." I just sat there with my mouth open. He went on and on about sick or perverted stuff that his friends tell him about.....I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are no friends that look this stuff up, that he does it on his own. When he finally stopped talking and moved away, the guy next to me just starts laughing and says "conversation just hit an all-time low."

Yup.

This is what I deal with at work every day. I need a new job. I'm still waiting to hear from Samaritan Health. I emailed HR yesterday, we'll see if they respond to that. Also, it looks like there might be a job opening with the ticket office. I can't imagine that there's too many people more qualified for that gig than me, but then again, I spent all weekend with ticket office people and nobody mentioned the job to me. So maybe they don't want me to know about it. In that case, maybe I'm not as qualified as I think. But we'll see.

Rachel is getting royally shafted at work. Like worse than I've ever even heard of. Her boss has on numerous times come in and had her sign paperwork for her pay raise, told her it'd be on her next paycheck and said that he's personally delivered all the paperwork to HR and that he doesn't know what's going on. She emailed HR yesterday to see what the deal was, and they emailed her back saying they'd never received any paperwork and really had no clue what she was talking about. They're about to lose the best employee they have in cardiac rehab. Her program is the only one in the Sam Health Cardiac Rehab system that is making money, and she's doing it in Lebanon, not exactly a well-off city. Yet she's the only one still on the old pay scale. Good job guys.

Eventually I know everything will work out, but I always wonder why you always have to wade through bullshit to get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment