Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Who says work can't be entertaining?

When it's 88 degrees before Memorial Day, work should be abolished. On my way home, I saw a group of college kids in swimwear at the gas station using the air pump to inflate a gi-normous circular rubber raft. I looked at myself in khakis and a button-up shirt and secretly cursed myself for getting old. Called my brother, who was playing homerun derby with some friends and then going to a barbeque. F your mid-twenties.......there's way too much fun to be had to be working full time.


Although that's not to say work wasn't interesting.....A sample:

So midway through the day nature called. In the solid form. So I head to the john down by the orthopedics wing. And I'm sitting there on the can when I see the shadow of feet under the door and someone tries the handle on the door. Thank God I'd locked it....last thing I want is some patient walking in on me with my pants around my knees doing my business. Well then I hear a voice outside say "is there someone in there?" and another voice say "ummm...I think I saw someone go in there a few minutes ago." Voice number one says "well I hope whoever it is doesn't flush, I just got a page that the toilet is clogged." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? To quote my buddy Dirk, I'd just "taken the Browns to the Super Bowl" and now I can't flush it? So the janitor guy knocks on the door and says "don't flush, the toilet's clogged." I'm like "Are ya sure? It doesn't look clogged." He's like "better let me make sure." Fuck me. So I finish my business and take a peek in the toilet. Oh man, it's not pretty. So I open the door, and I'm like "look, are you sure you don't want to just give me the plunger and let me deal with this?" He's like "no, let me check this out." So he comes in with his plunger then just freezes in his tracks when he sees my waste products in the bowl. Poor guy. He just shakes his head, hits the handle and prepares for the worst. And you'll never guess what happens next.....the freakin thing isn't clogged! He got a page about the wrong toilet! So this guy got a eyeful of my fecal matter and he didn't even need to! I felt terrible. But now everytime I see this janitor, I'm going to be thinking....this guy has seen my poop.

How's that for a work story?

No comments:

Post a Comment