Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekends are for relaxing, right?

So this weekend was great, but I was more run down at work today than I am on a Friday after working all week. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you!


Friday night I recapped in my last journal entry (the OSU Awards banquet and what-not)

Saturday I woke up and had to head to ol' Goss Stadium at Coleman Field for the OSU baseball game. Why I agreed to work these games is beyond me. It was insane though! I had to be at work 2.5 hours before the game started, and there was already a line of about 50-75 people. Keep in mind that last year for baseball they probably averaged 500 people per game. Anyways, so I'm selling tickets so fast that my money tray was just overflowing with cash and the 20's are in the 50's slot and vice versa, so somebody might've got a good deal on their tickets, though I doubt it. I'm usually pretty good about that stuff, dispite my disorganizational style. Anyways, the game sold out before it started, so I got to watch the whole game. The best perk about working is being able to get good seats down the first baseline for my family and friends for games when they want them. My Dad and Jerry came down. So they sat down there, and I found a spot to stand between the concession stand and the dugout. Game was good, OSU won 10-7 to clinch a share of the Pac-10 regular season title. Jamie was at the game too, just got back from New Zealand the night before. He had a stack of pictures with him, and I was like "oh are those from New Zealand? He goes "no these are of my grandparents house before and after that arsonist torched it a few months back." Yeah....that's not random or anything. Apparently a few months ago, some guy just went off the deep end and waltzed through Albany burning anything that he could light on fire. Got 6 houses or something.

Speaking of random criminal activity, Dad said someone stole Grandpa's ride-on lawnmower. Who steals a lawnmower? Better yet, who steals a 93-year old man's 20-year old John Deere? Dad said there's tire tracks through the field out back, up through the neighbor's yard and out to the street, where little grass clippings can be seen for a few yards. Had to be a meth addict. He'll be lucky to get $50 for that antique.

Saturday night is when the real fun started. Headed up to Portland with Grant to meet up with Dave, Steve, Garth and Joel. JR had to cancel cause his wallet got stolen and couldn't get into the bars. Bummer. Anyways, just past Albany on I-5, I get pulled over by a state trooper who is parked right in front of a 55 MPH sign. He happened to be sitting right in a section of highway where you can't change lanes. So I'm in the left lane and there's no shoulder, and I can't switch lanes for at least a half-mile. So I'm just cruising along with this cop behind me. I've got my turn signal on, so he knows I see him and intend to pull over as soon as the law allows me to. Well apparently this guy wanted me to know for sure he's behind me, so he starts in with the siren. Like I can't see you dipshit. Anyways he gets out and says he clocked me going 74 and 71. Didn't know they clocked you twice now.

Anyways, he starts going off about how I was in a 55 MPH zone, plus it was a construction zone. I'm like "really? I didn't realize that it was 55 until that sign that was just behind you, and I thought the construction zone was coming up." He starts with this good cop/bad cop interrogation of me....like he'd ask one question nicely, and before I'm even done answering, he's already barking the next question at me. Extremely strange. He's asking me where I live, how long I live there, where I lived prior, all this stuff. His point was that the construction had been going on for about 5 years, and I should've known this was a construction zone. I'm trying to explain to him that, yes, I knew there was construction but that I didn't know it was a construction zone that far south. He's like "So you did know it was a construction zone." Like he caught me lying! What an ass. Then he tells me I passed a sign telling me that I was in a construction zone and that I'd passed two posted 55 signs before I got to him. So he goes back and writes me a ticket.

When he brings it back, he bonks his hand into the window, so he yells at Grant for not rolling the window all the way down. It's pouring down rain, mind you, so Grant didn't want the window all the way down so rain would get all over the inside of the car. So Grant kind of makes a production of wiping down the car with his hand an flipping it in the cops direction. Subtle Grant, real subtle. So then I look at the ticket, and he's done some strange stuff. Despite being an asshole, he'd written my speed down as 71 degrees and not in a construction zone. But.......he'd also mispelled my name, gotten my birthdate wrong, and written my weight down as 250, even though it clearly states on my license that my weight is 235. Who does that? Did he just assume that I'd put on 15 pounds since the issue date? Was he like "no fucking way this guy weighs 235...I can totally tell even though he's wearing baggy jeans and a sweatshirt," or did he do some quick analysis on the ground clearance of the car and run it through some formula that spit out my weight as 235? Whatever asshole. I'm writing a letter to the courts about how schizophrenic you are.

So ticket in tow, we headed to the Portland and to the bars. Highlights included Dave doing the booty dance on this box by the DJ booth before being told that it was for "girls only" by the bouncer, and this guy I went to high school with giving me a huge hug when he saw me and saying "anyone that fucks with you tonight is dead. End of story. D-E-A-D. I fucking love you man!" Absolute psycho. He then proceded to show me how he would deal with anyone that "fucked" with me on poor Joel. He just grabs Joel, puts him in a headlock and starts pretending like he's kneeing him in the face, before giving him a mock-uppercut to the chin. Joel's drink is splashing everywhere, and he's just got this look on his face like "what the hell just happened?" It was hilarious.

So we get back to the hotel room about 3 in the morning, where Dave goes into this speech about how Rachel and I are going to have two daughters before having a son, and he's going to be the god-father of my son and I will name him Kodiak. He also was quoted as saying "If you lived with your parents, you'd sleep with a pillow between your legs too." Don't try and decipher that, you'll never figure it out. Love that guy.

So I ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep, then had to get up and drive back down to Corvallis to work yet another baseball game. On the way, I checked out the signs that this cop said I'd passed. Turns out that I'd only passed one 55 MPH sign, probably half a mile before he'd pulled me over, and the construction sign I'd passed said "construction zone ahead" What an ass. I'm losing $206 because this guy really needed to give a ticket.

So somehow I made it through the day and stayed up for Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Great shows both. But I crashed hard at work today. Hitting the hay early tonight for sure. Enjoy your week, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment