Monday, November 29, 2004

Another Day, Another Dollar

The problem with four day weekends is that they're just long enough that you get comfortable not doing anything just about the time that you need to start working again. I know that in about 3 hours I need to be at the boys and girls club, but in no way am I prepared mentally to do that.

You ever have a dream that involves someone that you haven't thought about for a long time? Why does that happen? I know scientists will tell you that some part of your brain not used during consciousness is being accessed during REM sleep or whatever, but still. And people that believe that dreams symbolize something or that there's something almost supernatural about dreams will say that it's a sign that you either need to contact that person or something is going to happen to that person or they'll be back in your life unexpectedly or some crap like that. I'm sure that the scientists are right, but it bothers me that there's a part of my brain I can't control or access myself. And with some of the dreams I have, I have to wonder if the part I can't control is as big or bigger than the part I can control.

Rachel has had a profound impact on my life ever since I met her. But this weekend, she even influenced me to start christmas shopping in November. That's like violating rule one in the procrastinator's handbook. Yet I'm almost halfway done. It's almost scary. I know Joel is gonna read this and start shaking his head and go "Doggy, what happened to you." Sorry man, I know you liked the irresponsible, set himself up to fail Andy. And to an extent I liked him too. I feel kind of like Robin Williams in his movie version of Peter Pan, how he waited forever to grow up, but then finally did. I just took way longer than anyone else to grow up. And probably someday when I'm in my forties I'm going to relapse and start hanging out with my kid's friends and wearing the latest fashions and buy the latest cd's, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment