Friday, November 19, 2004

...and just like that

Never say you're feeling optimistic. My mom just called. Our dog Sunny was just put to sleep. Sunny was born Sunnie Dee Lite. We didn't name her. Mom got her from a lady at work that couldn't take care of her anymore. We acquired this loveable pup at the age of 3, where we immediately changed her name to something a little less....retarded. Sunny was a great Golden Retriever. Only time I ever heard her bark was when we let her out to do her business. It was as if she needed the neighborhood to know "Hey I'm gonna drop a deuce on your sidewalk." Awesome. I think the most memorable moment I had with that dog was in about 1997 when the Christmas Caroling Cats were big. They were on the radio, and Sunny, in the other room at the time, heard a chorus of kitties and took off like a bullet for the intruders. Convinced they were in the the large black box Sunny barrelled headfirst into the speaker. A tad bit dazed, she crawled around the back of the box to see how exactly to get at these felines. Never did figure it out. But I laughed so hard I cried. Merry Christmas Sunny.....I'll pour out a little water for you at dinner on the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment