Friday, August 3, 2007

Shoot me now

I'm dying at work, but I can't leave. Nothing to do, but I have to be here in case the phone rings. It's rang three times all week. Yay. So here's some quick ramblings


*First off, Happy Birthday to my brother Grant. He's now 25. Hard to believe, since it seems like just yesterday he was working summers for dad in the hay fields and spending his evenings hanging with friends and playing guitar hero. Oh wait, that was yesterday. All kidding aside though, he's been a pretty good brother over the past 10 years, which is surprising considering the rocky first 15.

*Tried out a couple new restaurants in the area in the past few days. The Tokyo Steak House and Sushi Bar has a great atmosphere and the food was pretty decent, but it just took forever to get our food......45 minute wait after ordering. They were fairly busy, so I may give it another shot....plus any place where they cook the food on a hibachi right in front of you is fun....especially when they turn onions into flaming volcanoes and juggle eggs with their spatulas.

The Harrison Bar and Grill on the other hand has no atmosphere. It's a former mexican restaurant that now serves burgers and chinese food. Go figure. My burger today was really good, however again it took almost 45 minutes to get our food, despite the fact that the restaurant wasn't even close to half full. Other people at our table weren't as impressed with their meals....Kristi had a bone in her chicken strips, Marianne's burger was cold in the middle, and Sarah had an uncooked french fry in her turkey sandwich. Go figure. I don't think I'll be eating there again.

*I've read a few books by author Christopher Moore in the past months, and I must say he's a very interesting read. I'd recommend both of the books: Fluke, about a whale biologist who is swallowed by a whale, and Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, which is a humorous take on Jesus' childhood. It's very funny to think of Jesus wondering what sex is like as a kid, and him coming to terms with being the Messiah. I should note that if you're religious and don't like to think of Jesus as anything less than the most perfect person ever to walk the earth, I wouldn't read it. You'll just get angry.

*I am the world's worst handyman. I found this out last night when I tried to install some shelves in the walls of the nursery. I succeeded in drilling two holes into the wall, breaking an anchor and stripping a screw before getting the first shelf support in the wall.....crooked. I'm sure I could've made it work, but the last thing you want in a baby's room is wobbly shelving. When it comes time to teach my kid life skills like handywork, how to change a tire, haggling over the price of a car, having a conversation with someone of the opposite sex, etc, all I'm going to be able to do is teach them how to write blogs and drink a pepsi in under 10 seconds. If that doesn't scream "future president" I don't know what does.

*I'm off to Seattle for the Mariners-Red Sox game tomorrow.....enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment