Friday, August 24, 2007

Be still my beating heart

I woke up this morning to Rachel saying "OW!" This was followed by her yelling it a few more times and then squirming around. I'm freaking out, trying to figure out if I need to make her more comfortable, call the doctor, or get the car started. I decide to ask her if she's ok. She says "NO!" So now I'm panicked. Next thing I know she completely relaxes and says "phew, that was the worst leg cramp ever!"


Pregnant women are not allowed to do this, or anything like this. I know that there's only two months to go, but I'm still not ready. Rachel just laughed at me and said "you know this is going to happen for real soon," to which I replied, yeah, but not in frickin' August! My mind is focused on October." Humans have a 40 week gestational period specifically so the fathers have enough time to get mentally prepared for daddy-dom. Not 30 weeks. Sheesh.

What a way to start the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment