Friday, August 17, 2007

Actin fabulous

So my supervisor's husband thinks I'm gay.


I used to do this thing at work where Fridays were "musical Fridays" and I'd listen to songs from musicals. I realize that musicals aren't the most masculine things in the world, but some of those songs are pretty catchy. Anyways, my supervisor told her husband, and he now thinks I'm gay. When she told him I was married and had a kid on the way, his response was "that doesn't mean anything. It could be a cover." Yeah, because a guy who listens to "Annie Get Your Gun" is really trying to hide something. My supervisor kept saying there was some other reason that he thought I was gay, but couldn't remember what it was. I was like "It's probably because I'm a David Beckham fan," to which she replies "No, that's not it, but that's definitely another thing to add to the list."

Do I give off a gay vibe? This has happened to me in the past. When I worked in Colorado, I know the bike patrol guys had a bet going on pertaining to my sexuality. I think that was because I mostly hung out with the girls we worked with, but wasn't getting any action. That doesn't make me gay though. Just cause the girls didn't like me doesn't mean I didn't like them.

I don't really have a problem with people thinking I'm gay. They're going to think what they want regardless, and nothing I do is going to change that. It's kind of amusing to think that because I have female friends I haven't boned, watch soccer, like the Spice Girls and saw Brokeback Mountain in the theaters, I must also make out with men in my spare time. You know, when my wife isn't around.

So this morning I spent some time looking for quizzes to tell me how gay I am. Most of them weren't very helpful, asking questions like "when you fantasize about sex, do you think of: A)Women B)Men C)Sheep D) All of the above." The results I got ranged from "Relax chief, you're 100% straight" to "You're 30% gay, but girls like a sensitive man" to my personal favorite "You are 100% Gay. Straight people don't question their sexuality and certainly don't take quizzes online." That one made me laugh.

Anyways, I'm off to work. Maybe I'll whistle at the construction workers on Highway 20 as I drive by. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment