Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Telemarketing gone wrong

So last night my phone rings, and it says "unknown caller." Knowing there's a 90% chance it's nobody I know, I answer it anyways. Stupid. "Hi, may I please speak to Andrew?" If they call me Andrew, there's a 100% chance they don't know me. I say 'he's not here right now, can I ask who is calling?" It's the car dealership, wanting to know about the service I received. Now this car dealership is relentless. They callled every day for a week after I bought the car wanting to know about how the salesman treated me. Knowing I'd be ducking their call for the forseeable future, when she asked if I knew anything about the service, I said "yeah he told me about it." Then she asked for my name. I said "This is Grant." At this point Rachel's looking at me like I'm a moron and I'm trying to hold it together. We go through all sorts of questions like "Was the car ready on time?" I say "ummm, Andy told me he just went to get an oil change, and he was back within an hour, so I'd say yes." I think the lady was on to me, because she kept saying "Were you, I mean was Andy happy with the service he received?" I just kept giving really vague answers and saying stuff like "Andy had nothing but nice things to say about Roberson Chrysler Jeep Dodge." It was one of the strangest phone conversations ever. But at least they won't be calling me back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment