Friday, November 3, 2006

Bloggin for the hell of it

I just noticed that I've only blogged once this week. That is just unfair to you people out there. I apologize. Sadly, this week has not offered anything too terribly worthwhile to write about.


It was weird this year to be the guy handing out candy on Halloween. You always think of grandparents and middle aged people sitting by door with their tray of snack sized milky ways and asking all the kids "and what are you supposed to be?" Well, that was me this year. Really seems like just a few years ago I was the kid dressing up like Superman and filling my pillowcase up, only to get home, dump it all on the floor, sort it and trade unwanted candy with my brother. Now I'm looking at the little three year old dressed up like a monkey that's too shy to tell me if he wants a tootise roll or m&m's and going "I can't wait 'til I have my own little monkey." Of course right after the cute little kid, a bunch of high schoolers whose costume was to rub chocolate sauce all over their bodies and run around the neighborhood in their boxers come to the door, and I realize that parenthood isn't all fun with monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment