Monday, November 13, 2006

Adultery & football

So Friday was my buddy JR's birthday. We went out to the bar he bounces at in Gresham. There were probably 10 of us. I really like the place, the Skyland Pub if you're wondering. It's big and open, has a good bar menu (great fries), pool tables, video poker, and a ton of TV's to watch sports on. Only thing I don't like about it is that you can smoke there, but hey, it's a bar. I guess I've been spoiled living in Corvallis all these years. Anyways, there's this couple just sucking face all night long. Literally 45 minutes of non stop making out. It seemed obvious to me that they should be alone. I was wondering why they would be doing this in public, rather than at home where they could take their romance to the next level. So I call JR over and ask him if they do that all the time. He says "well she does." Apparently she's sucking face with a new guy every week, none of whom happen to be her HUSBAND. Apparently JR said that the guy has come in and caught his wife with her tongue in someone elses throat before, and they have to ask him to leave before he kills her or the poor guy who thought he was getting lucky. What kind of scandalous tramp not only cheats on her husband multiple times, but goes to the same place to do it? How little respect do you have to have for your relationship to do that? Furthermore, how has the divorce not been finalized? I wish I knew more of this story. As it turns out, apparently this week's guy du jour was the boyfriend of the skank's best friend! Love people watching....it really should be the national pasttime. After the bar closed we headed back to Grant's place to play Guitar Hero II...seriously the greatest line of games to come out in a long time.


Saturday I woke up, watched the Badgers-Hawkeyes game, drove to Lewis & Clark to watch Colin's last game of the year (he kicks for Linfield) and then drove back to Albany to pick up Rachel and then drive to Seattle to go to the Seahawks game on Sunday. It was a very busy weekend, and I'm exhausted. It was extremely hard to get up for work today. But I'm here and I'm hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment