Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year

So I woke up this morning to Christmas music. Is it seriously necessary to start it this early? I have no problem starting after Thanksgiving, but c'mon......let's not go putting the cart before the horse here. One holiday at a time please.


I love Thanksgiving because it's like a mini-Christmas. It's like the official Christmas kick-off party. You get everyone together, exchange lists of what you'd like for the 'real' holiday, have a big meal and basically it puts you in the right frame of mind for the next month. And this year I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a full time job that pays the bills that doesn't suck (no matter how much I complain, I know there's a lot of people out there worse off than me), a beautiful wife, a family I wouldn't trade for the world, some of the best friends a guy could ask for.....phew. In the past year, I've gained a wife, a house, a new car and a new job (and a new 50" HDTV). I got to go to my first NFL football game, traveled to Chicago for the first time, also went to Wisconsin and Hawaii and saw my grandpa celebrate his 94th birthday. My other grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. I got to see OSU beat USC. I discovered MySpace. And before you laugh at that one, I got to reconnect with people I'd otherwise probably never come in contact with again.

And that is truly something to be thankful for. Here's wishing you and all yours a happy Thanksgiving. And I'd like to give my thanks to all of you who take the time to read this.......I appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment