Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Silver lining

Well I didn't get the job that I applied for. However, I did get a call yesterday telling me that while I won't be interviewed for this position, they are going to keep me in mind for other positions that might help me get to where i want to be eventually. I really appreciated that. It's much better to know where you stand than to just not get a call and be wondering what happened or why you weren't interviewed.


In other news, everyone at work got a $500 bonus yesterday for achieving our goal for the fiscal year. While I love getting a bonus, I hate the fact that I have absolutely no bearing on if we get that bonus or not. Our bonus is based on how much money is brought in. I can only process what other people bring in, so really I'm relying on everyone else to do their job for me to get my bonus. Doesn't really seem fair, and I could see how the development officers might resent some of us that work behind the scenes. I gotta say that they have a pretty tough job. Thier job is to convince rich people that their money should be given to OSU. Not the easiest job in the world.

Rachel's patients threw a reception for us last night. As if we needed more gifts! I had like 4 or 5 patients come up to me and tell me that their lives were infinitely better because of Rachel and that she makes them look forward to exercising, something they'd never done before. That made me proud. It's nice to hear that you married a fantastic person every now and then.

Well off to another fun day of work...enjoy yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment