Monday, October 3, 2005

Bring on the rain..

Fall is officially here...it's rained pretty much constantly since Saturday. Not that I'm complaining....it's an excuse to wear sweatpants and sweatshirts and curl up on the couch and watch tv or play Xbox. Not that I really need an excuse to do any of those things, but it's easier to justify I guess.


I'd like to point out that before the Baseball season started, I picked who I thought would make the playoffs. I'd like to point out that I got three AL teams, and two NL. 63% ain't bad. I'm sticking with my Angels-Cardinals World Series. My ALCS is going to be Red Sox and Angels and my NLCS is Cards and Braves. So there ya go. And high five to Fox for scheduling the Angels game at 5 tomorrow night so I can watch it.

JR came down for the game this weekend. It was a lot of fun to hang out with him. Joel get's minus 100 points for calling in sick with a hangover and missing a great game - not to mention a rare chance for the three of us to all hang out at the same time. He can redeem himself by going to Seattle with us for the Husky game next month.

I'm still a little bitter about this whole car situation. I'm still driving Brown Sugar to work everyday, and I'm the only one making payments on the credit card for the Mustang. It doesn't so much bother me that I don't get to drive the Mustang, but it'd be nice if Grant and Dad would help me out a little bit. It's a little tough to pay for student loans, credit cards, rent, bills and a wedding. But hey, I guess i just gotta do what I gotta do.

Happy Birthday to Rachel's sister, Colleen. She's 22 today. And, she got an internship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Pretty cool.

My fantasy football team took a nosedive this weekend. After torching everyone for 71 points last week, my team has produced a meager 43 points yesterday, leaving me down 11. That means I pretty much need Brett Favre to throw 4 picks and the Carolina Defense to pitch a shutout tonight on MNF for me to win. The one catch is that the guy I'm up against has Stephen Davis on his team, so he needs to either get hurt, or fumble about 3 times. Yes, I'm a geek, I take it personally when my team loses. I'm not complaining, but if Cadillac Williams didn't have to shut it down with a sore hammy yesterday, and Terry Glenn had caught Bledsoe's throw for a TD on the last play of the game yesterday, I'm sitting pretty. But those are the breaks, and why we play the games.

The wedding locations are now set. July 7, 2006 at 6 pm at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Corvallis, with a reception to follow at the Corvallis Country Club. The guy at the country club told us that they had room for 250 people, which is more than enough, but when we got there, a sign on the wall said "Maximum capacity for this area 111 persons." We questioned him about it, and he said "oh that doesn't pertain to this WHOLE area, just a part of it." Whatever...it might be a little cozy, but we'll make it work. Might make it easier for the single people at our wedding to hook up. We'll see.

Saw the movie Robots the other day.....not the best movie I've ever seen, but it had some pretty funny parts. At the end of the movie when all the robots are doing (what else) "the robot" I just about lost it. Now that's comedy folks!

Props to ABC Family for showing "Flight of the Navigator" yesterday.....classic classic movie. Although I remembered Max as being hilarious when I was younger. Now his voice just annoys me. He was more enjoyable before he scanned Davey's brain and talked like the emotionless computer he was. And who knew that Sarah Jessica Parker was in that movie?

Ok I'm out...enjoy your Monday night. And if you get a chance, watch "How I met your Mother" on CBS. Pretty interesting show.

No comments:

Post a Comment