Tuesday, October 23, 2007

tick tick tick tick

We're now one week from Rachel's due date. So why does it seem like this baby is supposed to be here right now? Having a baby sucks. You find out your wife is pregnant then you realize you've got probably 30-34 weeks to go. It seems like the day's never going to come. Then one day you wake up and you're two weeks out. Every day after the two week mark seems like a lifetime. It really blows. I spend whole minutes of time at work staring at my cell phone. Everytime my phone rings, even if it's not Rachel's ring tone (Salt n' Pepa's "Push It"), I get all excited thinking "this could be it!" Of course to this point it hasn't been. I hate calling anyone, because before people even say hello, they ask "is this it?" It's a weird feeling knowing you're going to disappoint the person on the other end of the line every time you pick up your phone.


The best part of this? Still not knowing the sex of the baby. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Will I be ok with either? If it's a girl, am I going to have any clue how to raise her? It's extremely exciting.

The worst part? Still not knowing the sex of the baby. It's pretty nerve wracking. Will I be buying bats and balls or tea sets and dolls? Actually, boy or girl, the kid's going to be getting bats and balls, who am I kidding? This is tough.

It's so hard to focus on work right now. Yesterday in fact, I was completely unmotivated, and also a little bitter that my coworker wasn't pulling her weight in my opinion. So I tried a little experiment. I worked at about 75% speed all day...didn't really push anything, took a little extra time doing everything, and as a result, not much got done. Yet around 3:30 I took something into my bosses office and she said "well you've been a busy little beaver today!"

This is what I'm dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment