Friday, October 12, 2007

Can it get any worse?

Seeing how Rachel is about 14 months pregnant, I figured that I should probably help with some of the housework last night. Every time I ask Rachel if I can help, she kind of says "umm........sure" with the uncertainty in her voice so obvious it almost hurts my feelings.


It shouldn't hurt my feelings however, because I always screw something up. Always. I wrote about the crock pot incident a few months ago. Last night I trumped that one. How you ask?

I ran over my own foot with the vaccuum cleaner. Wasn't paying attention and just clobbered my own foot with the Hoover. Drew blood in fact. It was pretty awesome.

How am I going to be a father? How am I going to teach my kid anything when I hurt myself doing everything? I'm terrified to even hold my child because I might drop it. Of my current fears, the biggest is injuring my child via my own clumsiness. Yikes. If the vaccuum cleaner runs over the baby, it probably won't just be the foot that's bleeding.

I'm going to leave you with a joke:

Q: What do Andy Lasselle and Britney Spears have in common?

A: They're both allowed to see their kids only under supervision.

I feel ya Brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment