Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Feeling down

So work is dragging today. Although I was introduced to the food at Senor Sam's today. Great food actually! Before this, I had only been there after the restuarant had closed and the Cantina was crowded and I needed a place to sit. Who knew they served fantastic food? I particularly like the guy who works there who sounds like he's been sucking up helium for 15 minutes. What an odd voice.


We're under 3 weeks until Rachel's due date. I have to admit, I was kind of hoping today would be the day, so we could keep in line with the whole July 7, August 8, September 9 theme that we have going on in our relationship. I guess there's still a chance that we end up having the baby on November 11th, but nobody wants that. Certainly not Rachel, and certainly not anyone who has to deal with her if she goes past her due date.....she's going to be one unhappy possum at that point.

I suppose there's still 8 hours left in the day, so there's a chance for the baby to be born today, but I haven't heard many stories of 8 hour labors for first time mothers. Far more 18 hour stories. Guess this probably eliminates Joel from the baby predictor pool. He picked 10-10 as the due date.

Perhaps it's a good thing our child isn't born today. The 1 song in the country this week is some song by some kid named Soulja Boy Tell'em. What the hell does that even mean? I'd never heard this song before, but I had to look it up. It sucks. How is this the top song in the country? Seriously. What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

I think by typing that last sentence, I officially earned my 'ready to be a father' card.

Yesterday I had this deal with feeling shorter than normal all day. It was very strange. I felt like I was more compact.......like a brick all day. It was a strange feeling that I've never felt before. I guess I just had a short day. Some people have bad hair days, some people have clumsy days. I had a short day. Are there any other types of days out there that I don't know about? And when is lucky day? Or stumble across some money day? Or save a life day? Those would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment