Monday, October 1, 2007

September Showers bring October babies?

I don't know who came up with the idea of showers, but my guess is it was someone who was getting married or having a baby. You know this wasn't the idea of a friend of an engaged or pregnant woman. Good freaking lord. I'm starting to feel guilty. Between buying a new house, getting married and having a baby, people have bought us roughly enough stuff to take care of the people of Bangladesh...provided those people enjoyed wearing onesies that said "I love my Mummy." Baby's due around Halloween....get it? Anyways.....


We received so much Classic Pooh baby gear that I believe we've decided to call the nursery the Hundred Acre Wood and change the baby's name from Jonah Courtney to Christopher Robin Lasselle. Rachel is of course Rabbit because she's the worrying kind, and I will continue to be Tigger....the loveable oaf who does nothing all day and has fun doing it. Oh, and if you ask me a question, chances are I won't know the answer but I'll make something up and convince you it's true. Might figure out some way to get you into trouble. Tigger really is an asshole, isn't he? If the show was for older people, I can guarantee that Tigger would be the one that would run up the gambling debts and have to steal Rabbit's carrots to pay off his bookie.

At this time I should point out that I have no gambling debts and I have no plans to steal any of Rachel's carrots.

Thanks again to all who have supported us with home, wedding, or baby gifts over the past 15 months. Be it a shovel, margarita set, pillows, Pepsi vending machine, car seat cushion, stroller, OSU bib n' bootie set, or stuffed animal, we've loved them all and truly look forward to returning the favor when we can!

By the way, if anyone reading this wants to have a baby anytime soon, that'd be great. My kid's going to need a buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment