Monday, March 19, 2007

Rachel vs. The Neighbor

When we lived up on the hill in Corvallis, Rachel had a run-in with our downstairs neighbor. You may remember a blog about our neighbor ratting us out for smoking to the landlords, and also accusing us of pouring beer on her head. Neither of these things happened. The cigarrete thing was our neighbor going all CSI:Corvallis on everyone because she found a butt by our car. The beer on the head thing was actually us dumping water off the back of our porch which landed kinda-sorta near her porch, for which we apologized immediately.


Well it looks as if the neighbors in Albany are now taking a chance of battling with my wife. I for one feel sorry for the neighborhood.

Yesterday I get a knock on the door. It's our neighbor, who to this point, has seemed quite nice, if not a little odd. Turns out she's a lot odd. She asks if the red car out there belongs to us. I say that yes, it belongs to a friend of ours who is staying for the weekend. She says "ok, cause we thought it might be abandoned or something." At this point Garth's car had been parked there for less than 48 hours. Furthermore, this was a Friday-Sunday thing. Plenty of people park their cars on the street for a full weekend. His car wasn't blocking their driveway, in fact, it was barely in front of their house. She then goes on to ask us to move it because "if company comes over they have nowhere to park." I look outside - THERE'S A WHOLE STREET WORTH OF PLACES TO PARK. Tell 'em to park anywhere on ol' Riverbow. Hell, there's a cross street that comes to a T right in front of our houses. Her "company" can park on Desert Pine if they need to. All this will cost them is a walk of an extra 200 feet....if that.

So what's Rachel's response you ask? I'll tell you.

"All I know is that lady better watch her cat, cause I'll play that game if she wants to go there."

Have I mentioned I love my wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment