Sunday, March 25, 2007

Greetings from Windy Richland Center, Wisconsin!

Greetings from windy Richland Center, Wisconsin!


I'd like to offer condolences to my bracket. With the Kansas lost yesterday, it officially was busted. Glad to see I'm only behind 2,000,000 people on ESPN.com. For the third straight year, a female is going to win our pool. It's pretty much a given at this point. I'd like to say that it proves you don't need to know anything about basketball to win, but I don't think that's true. I think those of us who watch games, break down matchups, examine where the game is being played, figure out who is sick and who tweaked an ankle the week before the game and which team shoots poorly on games played during the week before 5 pm local time end up overthinking these things. We're always searching for the "big upset" and trying to predict things that are impossible to predict. Next year I vow to keep it simple and if a pick seems obvious, I'm going to do it. No more of this "Arizona over Florida" crap.

We're currently under a tornado watch here in Richland county. I keep watching out the window, but I haven't seen it yet. Turns out a watch just means that "conditions are favorable" for a tornado. So no, there is no tornado...yet. But there could be. Don't worry about me though, I watched Twister the other day, so I know what to do.

This has been a fantastic vacation of doing nothing and watching basketball. Aside from the Phoenix airport shutting all of its restaurants at 8:30 (we landed at 8:33) and charging $10 for a "value" meal at Burger King, the trip has been extremely enjoyable. Tomorrow we're going to Winona, MN to visit Rachel's friend Heidi and take a quick walk around her alma mater, Winona State. We'll be home Tuesday. Then it's back to work, with no more planned time off until Memorial Day. That's only like two months away though. I think I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment