Monday, October 16, 2006

What a weekend

Well we all survived this weekend. The Beavs won, which was great, but I'm still pissed at our fans. I don't even know if you can call them fans of the Beavers at this point. They're more fans of winning. When things are going bad, they might as well be wearing the colors of the other team. What bitches! I was most appalled when Matt Moore came over to fire up our section of Beavers, and everyone starts applauding him and I heard people yell "you're the man!" As if these same people weren't overjoyed when we put in Sean Canfield earlier in the game. As if they weren't booing his ass 7 days earlier. It was pathetic.


I'd like to tell you our funny stories from the weekend, but the funniest one was a "you had to be there moment." I wish I could convey to you how funny it was when we took a picture of Dave wearing Mandy's hat with Mandy's phone while she was in the bathroom. We made it her phone wallpaper, and the plan was to let her figure out what happened on her own. Well she's been back at the table for less than a minute when Dave goes "hey I think someone tried to call you." He couldn't even contain himself for 60 seconds! It was hilarious. I realize that this isn't funny to any of you, but we laughed so hard we cried. Classic. Garth took some photos, and if he sends them to me, I'll post them.

I decided this morning to follow Grant's lead and give up fast food, soft drinks and start exercising. He dubbed last week "Rock Bottom" week and ate, drank and partied accordingly. I followed suit this weekend, drinking way too much pepsi and eating burgers like my name was Kobayashi. But I'm really going to try and "get healthy." So far today I ate an apple, some baked lays and a turkey bratwurst for lunch, and drank about 5 glasses of water. I also did pushups and situps for the first time in months, followed by some stretching. I plan on going running after work today. Grant's toying with the idea of running the Portland Marathon next year, and I think I'm going to see how this getting healthy stuff goes and see if maybe I'm going to do it with him.

We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment