Monday, September 12, 2005

I ain't as good as I once was....

So this weekend, the guys came down for the Boise St. football game. Well, most of the guys. Grant, Dave, Steve and Garth were here. We were missing JR and Joel. The plan is to get everyone together to go to Seattle for the Husky game in November. Hopefully we'll be able to put that together.


It really was one of the better weekends I've had lately. The game was amazing. I had a little bit of everything. Thunder and lightning, dime sized hail, torrential rains, some sunshine.....oh, and the Beavs won 30-27 on a field goal with one minute to go. Thankfully, our seats were undercover. I haven't yelled that much at a football game since probably the Fiesta Bowl in 2001. My throat still hurt today. Poor Garth was so overwhelmed by the yelling that he had tears in his eyes the whole second half and spent every free second with his head in his hands to ease his headache. I posted some pics of the game on my bebo website, which you can access by going to the "pictures for your viewing pleasure" link on the left.

After the game we grilled some steaks and headed out to the bars. It really was like being back in college, only I kept thinking "wow, are these people really old enough to drink?" and I was so wiped out Sunday I could barely move. We went to Shari's and I got a Barn Buster platter. I swear it was like I was 22 again....ah the memories. I know Rachel gets a little stressed out when there's a bunch of guys hanging around the apartment watching football and drinking all weekend (and I guess I can't blame her), but I appreciate the fact that she allows it to happen every once in a while.

Speaking of Rachel, the wedding plans are coming along slowly. We've nailed down a date...July 7, 2006. We decided to go with a Friday wedding to allow us to have our wedding in the evening. Plus, now our wedding will be on 7-7 which is significant because my birthday is August 8th (8-8) and Rachel's birthday is on September 9th (9-9). Kinda cool. We still haven't figured out a place for the reception. We're looking at a few places. Rachel's got an appointment to see Lewisberg Hall next week when we get back from Baltimore.

That's all I got for now.....Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment