Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Daily musings

A few random things from today:


*I think there's too many reality shows when there's a reality show about finding someone to star in a reality show....that's just a bit overboard.

*If you wonder why people make low wages at fast food restaurants, consider the sign at Arby's in Corvallis right now that says "Your thinking 2 beef n' cheddar for $3."

*I just checked my bank account. Borders apparently only charged me $4.25 for seasons one and two of "The King of Queens." Retail price of $79.98. That's a savings of $75.73, or roughly 95% off. It's not in the "pending transactions" list either, so apparently that is what the price is going to stay at. SCORE!

*Diana has name cards at all the settings at her wedding reception. Only problem is that she didn't know Heidi's last name. So she decided to make one up. Heidi Jones is now Heidi Hill. A few things seem funny to me....number one, she could've called Rachel to find out Heidi's last name. I will give her a pass on this since she is getting married in less than a week. But how in the blue hell do you come up with Hill? There's like umpteen more common last names than Hill (Jones being one of them).

*I went to the fridge to get some milk today, only to find that we were out of milk. I thought to myself "how come everytime I want a glass of milk, we don't have any?" Then I realized that I almost always want a glass of milk, so the odds are good that I'm going to want a glass of milk everytime we're out. Solution? Buy more milk.

*I think that was a Lasselle thought.

*Scoop Jackson's column where he wrote a letter to Jeff Kent on how to deal with black athletes is one of the most absurd things I've ever read. I think my favorite part was where he said something along the lines of "I'm glad you were able to get past your spat with Barry Bonds, but then again he's not really one of us." Can you imagine if Woody Paige would've wrote a letter to Terrell Owens saying how great it is that he has Drew Rosenhaus as his agent, but then again, "he's not really white?"

No comments:

Post a Comment