Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bachelor: The Women Tell All.....

But given that it's Ben we're talking about here, there really wasn't all that much to say.  It was a pretty compelling two hours of television, and here are my thoughts:

  • First off, let's all brush up on some terminology by visiting this wikipedia page.  Once one of the ladies made the first dig at Courtney, it was ON.
  • ABC really bummed me out by implying that Courtney had listened to everything they said before coming out on stage in the previews.  I would've loved to have seen how it played out if she had to go up there knowing everything they had just said.
  • I about died when Blakely got all serious and said "what did I ever do to you to deserve to be called a stripper?" as if being called a stripper is the worst thing anyone called anyone else on the show.  Also, in the court of public opinion, there's not much difference between "stripper" and "VIP Cocktail Waitress."  Also, I typed Blakely's name into Google Images and this is what popped up.  Seems pretty stripperish to me.  Then, when Courtney says "nothing," Blakely responds by smugly saying "exactly."  I almost expected her to say "No further questions, Judge Harrison."
  • I do honestly believe Courtney feels badly about her actions.  This is very much like Michelle Money's crazy season where she apologized towards the end, and ended up being a fan favorite on Bachelor Pad 2.  Some people don't know how to handle pressure.
  • More to that point, not everyone handles pressure the same.  Courtney apologized and said she reacted poorly to the pressure, the girls were like "we responded by supporting each other, why didn't you?"  Well, maybe because you were all trying to date the guy that she was in love with.  I'm not about to start high fiving some dude that's trying to snuggle with my wife. 
  • In fact, wouldn't it stand to reason that Courtney (and to some extent Blakely) were the only ones there that were there for the "right reasons?"  They're trying to get a husband.  That's their focus.  Somehow the other girls see this as a chance to make some friendships.  Seems pretty counterintuitive.  It just makes sense to try to rile up the other women to make them look a little unhinged in Ben's eyes. 
  • Going into the season, I picked my favorites as Monica and Jamie.  Monica turned out to be super annoying.  Jamie was who I thought she was, and is still my favorite.  You can't knock a girl for being super awkward when trying to make out with a guy while drunk and having six cameras following her around.  Plus, it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to bash someone for acting awkward around the opposite sex.  After six years of marriage, my wife still rolls her eyes at me at least a couple times a day
  • Surprise of the night - Brittany.  Not only did she come across as maybe the most even keeled and rational lady on the show, she also looked about seven thousand times hotter.  Apparently stress is not good for her appearance.  Also, props to her for outright saying "Yeah, I wasn't feeling Ben, so I left."  You and the rest of America, sister!
  • Surprise of the night #2 - Jennifer.  After being everyone's sweetheart during the show, she turned into a cynical wench in The Women Tell All.  Did not come off well. 
  • Emily was born about 100 years too late.  With her facial expressions, she'd have been a silent movie STAR. 
  • Worst performance by a contestant goes to Samantha.  She was annoying while she was on the show, but she turned it up to 11 last night.  That girl's picture should be the first one on this google image search.
  • Most unintentionally hilarious moment of the night happened when they were showing a montage of Courtney's "journey" and the little split screen showed Kacie and Nicki holding hands like the family of a kidnap victim forced to watch a videotaped ransom request.  How do you let someone get to you THAT much?

No comments:

Post a Comment