Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weight Loss Journal....Day One

So here goes my attempt at chronicling the long lumpy road to improving my health. There's no question that step one is going to be losing weight. I mentioned I was going to start this last week - then I went to the beach and sat on the couch and watched basketball all weekend. Kind of derailed my plan. Damn you March Madness!

I'm employing a very obvious two-pronged attack to lose weight: Eat healthier and exercise more. I don't want to bore you the reader (or myself) by writing down everything I eat and every time I work out. I think instead I'm going to just write at the end of every blog my weight, and then a quick "Good, Bad and Ugly" recap of the day's health related news. Here's the first one:

Weight per Wii: 249 lbs.
The Good: Attempted to go for a jog last night
The Bad: About a quarter mile into the jog, Jonah saw an overturned construction cone and freaked out. He feels a civic duty to put these things in their proper place. He demanded to be let out of his stroller to save the neighborhood from a sprained ankle, then refused to get back into the stroller, instead yelling "shoulders" at me until I put him up on my shoulders so he could touch the tree branches. Had to turn around and head back.
The Ugly: Destroyed the remains of a Costco bag of Ruffles bought for the beach trip while watching "The Blind Side." Not a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Andy.

    Tip #1, if it's not in the house you won't be as tempted to eat it.

    Tip #2, if you have to buy in bulk transfer the amount you really want into a bowl and put the bag away.

    ReplyDelete