Friday, October 3, 2008

Ghost Ride the Ghost Ride

Watched the debate last night. It's become clear that no matter what Sarah Palin says, it's going to come off sounding less educated than her peers. Even the stuff she knows what she's talking about, it's hard to take her seriously. I don't know if it is because she's from Alaska, because the strategists have told her to talk like everyone watching is in third grade, because everytime you see her you think "I can see Russia from my house!" or what, but it's tough. To me, Palin being VP would be a way bigger story than Obama becoming president. What's more unlikely, a middle class guy who went to law school becoming president, or a lady who was mayor of a town of 5,000 about 4 years ago becoming VP?


I have no clue how to solve the financial crisis, and I don't think anyone else does either. Nobody wants to accept responsibility because they're all complicit. Republican, Democrat, lendors, borrowers....everyone screwed up. It's just unconscionable to me that someone would ever get into an adjustable rate mortgage, but then again everyone's always been told that owning your own home is the path to the American dream. I'm just glad I'm young enough that my 401k has plenty of time to recover before I retire. And it will recover. Probably sooner than everyone thinks. Housing prices will go up, and everyone will be spending wrecklessly again. It's the American way.

I've started classes again. So far so good. I overheard a girl rehashing her night with a friend on her cell phone. It went something like this:

"Yeah, so I'd never tried it before because I was scared, but I did it, and it kicked my ass! I was tweaking pretty hard. Sarah had to walk me home and we were sketching the whole way, it was hilarious!"

Drug use......hilarious!

Back to the mortgage deal....don't know if you heard this story, but it's about a 90 year old woman that was being forcibly evicted from her home so she shot herself. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/03/eviction.suicide.attempt/index.html

Fairly sad, but Fannie Mae is forgiving her debt. So just so you know, if you're in way over your head, just go ahead and shoot yourself in a non-vital organ, and you're good! I wonder if this tactic works for parking tickets, student loans, and for football teams playing Penn State.


And finally, I found the best way to relieve your stress....I'm definitely trying this next time my co-worker pisses me off, I'm ghost-ridin her desk. Ghost Ridin

No comments:

Post a Comment