Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vampire backlash

So a vast majority of people have told me my last blog was way off base. However, that blog generated more response than pretty much any other blog I've read, which I think in part proves my point that women are very emotionally involved in these books. I have decided to read at least the first book while I'm on vacation in Wisconsin over Thanksgiving (if I can get my hands on a copy).


I see that "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was on tonight. Last year, Rachel went into labor while we were watching it. Crazy to think that it's already been a year. We decided to DVR it and will probably watch it on Halloween.

We DVR'ed it so I could watch the Blazers-Lakers game. Boy do I feel like a fool. I bought into all the Blazer hype that's been on the radio. I forgot that the Paul Allen owns both the Blazers and the radio station. Greg Oden is already hurt, and aside from Rudy Fernandez, every guy wearing a Portland jersey looks pretty shaky. I really wanted to get behind this Blazer team because I like nearly every player on their roster. Unfortunately, they don't seem to all be able to get on the same page. As of now, I can't say I'm upset that I don't have the Comcast Sports NW channel that is showing all the Blazer games this year.

One of my co-workers mentioned today that she's going to an "adult" Halloween party. What the hell does that mean? I'm assuming that it simply means that there will be adults there instead of children. This seems rather unnecessary to mention however, which makes me think that she meant "adult" as in "adult films." This is not something I want to think about.

Speaking of Halloween, I'm still amazingly amused by the ever increasing fad of making Halloween costumes sexual in nature. It seems that nobody is a nurse anymore, they're a "sexy nurse." Nobody is a police officer, they're "Officer GoodBody." Perhaps this has always been the case, and I was just too young to realize it growing up, or perhaps it's just because I live in a college town. Either way, it sure is entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment