Monday, June 23, 2008

The upside of a baby who doesn't sleep well

There is a good side to Jonah's sleepless nights. Since I'm only getting sleep in a few hour stints, I have more dreams, and I remember them better. In different dreams last night, one of my co-workers was my chauffeur, I was a college football player for Bucknell, I was able to find a Ford Bronco II exactly like the one that I had in high school before it was totalled only to get in a wreck and total it on the way home from the lot, and I was a ninja defending my grandparents house from a roving band of Mongols. That one was my favorite because I was the kind of ninja that could fly like in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.


Of couse there is a downside to sleeping in two to three hour shifts. I freaking exhausted and staring eight hours of not so fun work in the face.

Rachel decided that we've been too lackadaisical about dinners lately, and that deciding what to eat at the last minute was not a good idea. Now we have weekly schedules, and it's awesome. Gives me something to look forward to. Now, instead of us both getting home and going "I dunno what I want, let's just have grilled cheese." or "well, fish sticks are easy, let's do that," we're forced to plan out meals. Last night we had buffalo burgers. Tonight it's turkey bratwurst, and tomorrow is chicken quesadillas. I love it, and I don't even mind the extra prep time at dinner, because I feel like I have to cook whatever it is because it's on the schedule. Not that I cook every night. Don't think that, because it's not true.

We replanted our front lawn a few months ago. It looks pretty good in most places, but around the edges it's a bit patchy. I tried putting down some more seed the other day, but I'm not very optimistic that it's going to fill out because it's not supposed to rain for the next week at least, and I can't water it during the day due to work. Guess I'll do the best I can and see what happens. I guess I could always put more seed down in the fall. I can tell you this though....I do not have a green thumb. I think it's more of a brownish color.

A couple weekends ago I went golfing and did relatively well. I felt like "hey, if I play a few more times, maybe I can significantly lower my score and compete with my friends." All of my friends (that enjoy playing golf) are significantly better than me. So I went to the driving range on Friday to practice. It was like I'd never played in my life. I was awful. Golf is a frustrating game.

My favorite songs of the moment are "Hip Hop Saved my Life" by Lupe Fiasco, "The Boss" by Rick Ross, and "Waking up in Vegas" by Katy Perry. All of these songs can be found in the playlist on my page. Check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment