Friday, November 21, 2008

enough is Enough

I watch Grey's Anatomy every week. Not because I like the show. I used to like the show. But now it's so over the top, it's become a parody of itself. Like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, it's so bad, so unbelievable, that you have to watch. If you haven't watched last night's episode, stop reading, because I've got to get a few things off my chest.


People cannot have sex with ghosts. I refuse to believe this. I will allow that there might be supernatural things out there. I will not allow that you can have sexual intercourse with them. You do not get to have sex with your dead fiance and then have sex with your current alive boyfriend the next night. This is some form of cheating. I'm convinced of that.

How is this hospital even allowed to stay open? Every doctor is emotionally or physically involved with another doctor, the interns are doing black market surgeries on each other, the patient's wishes seem to take a back seat to the doctors personal moralities, but it's ok because everything is done in the name of love? I don't get it.

What Shepard sees in Grey is beyond me. She's quite possibly the most annoying person alive. Or at least she would be if her roommate wasn't having mental breakdowns and sleeping with her imaginary friend

***************************************************

I just read that gas dropped below $2 a gallon nationally. Did anyone out there ever think we'd see this again? I remember thinking in high school that we'd never see $2 a gallon gas in Oregon because people would riot. I also remember thinking that I'd start riding a bike to work if gas ever hit $3 a gallon. I filled up the other day for $25. It's like having a 50% off coupon!

The Beavers are two games away from becoming Pac-10 champions. It's still weird to think about. Everyone is going superstitious because nobody wants to be the person who jinxes the team. People won't even mention the words Rose Bowl. I will. I'm pretty sure Mike Riley and Jacquizz Rodgers aren't going to read my blog. Rose Bowl Rose Bowl Rose Bowl. Maybe if I go say it three times into the mirror with the lights off, Keith Jackson will appear and tell me who is going to make it to Pasadena. Perhaps I should start making voodoo dolls wearing Arizona and Oregon gear.

Work has been painfully slow. I'm super excited to go to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving because I know that when I come back, there'll actually be work to do. Please note that I'm also excited to go for other reasons, that was just the reason that pertained to this blog. I was actually reading some of my old blogs yesterday and found a survey (remember those things?) where I listed a bunch of things I wanted to do before I die. Among them was see the Beavers play in the Rose Bowl. That is the only one on my list that I can't control. Sure will make my last days on earth more peaceful if I'm not fighting death saying "just one more year God? Please, I still haven't been to Pasadena!"

Reading the old blogs was pretty entertaining. I laughed at some stories I'd forgotten and it made me remember how I felt about certain things at certain times. I'm thinking about copying them all into a word document and maybe one day printing them all out so that Jonah can see what his dad was doing in his mid 20's. Although I'm thinking there's a pretty distinct possibility that the only person that would find that interesting is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment