Friday, December 7, 2007

A quick list

Reasons being a dad is awesome

- Watching Jonah learn new stuff all the time.

- The way he freaks out the instant you put him in the tub before remembering that "oh yeah, I like baths!"

- The funny noises he makes

- Seeing how happy he makes Rachel

- It gives me an excuse to read "The Poky Little Puppy" again

- The way he can only control his head for a few seconds before it starts freaking out like a bobblehead in an earthquake.

- Looking at him and wondering what he's going to like and do and be when he gets older.

Reasons being a dad is not so awesome.

- Grunting for 6 straight hours at night

- The way he only seems to cry during the tv shows I really want to watch

- When he gets that drunk look and you know some projectile spit-up is coming and you don't have a burp rag on you so you just have to take a fountain of regurgitated milk off the shirt you were planning on wearing to work that morning. (Yes, this one happened to me today.)

- Dirty diapers

- The constant fear that I'm going to break his fingers off every time I change his shirt.

- When he cries so hard he forgets to breathe, and you don't know how to calm him down.

Trust me though, the pros FAR outweigh the cons!

No comments:

Post a Comment