Thursday, January 26, 2006

When will I grow up?

There's a Jimmy Buffett song where he talks about how he's growing older, not up. That's how I feel. I thought about this as I played basketball last night at OSU, ran home to eat scrambled eggs for dinner, watched American Idol and then played Xbox and Spider Solitaire 'til one in the morning. Now here I am on my break at work writing in an online journal. And you know what? I enjoy all of that. Love it actually. Rachel thinks it's weird that I'm going to be playing video games with our children someday. I think that'll be fun. Some people think it's weird that I play basketball with 18-19 year olds at the rec center every night. They don't seem to mind, as long as I don't suck. Then it's like "why's the fat old guy here?" Lucky for me I don't suck.


The point is, I have no clue what is "age-appropriate" activities are for people in their mid twenties. Too old to play video games and have slumber parties, too young to work on the garden or take kids to soccer practice on the weekends. If anyone knows how I'm supposed to live my life right now, please let me know. In the meantime, we're watching the OC tonight if anyone wants to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment