Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ladies and other ladies: Andy is off the market!

Sorry about the long delay folks. Today is really the first chance I've had to get near a computer since last Monday. So what have I been up to? Well I'm glad you asked......


Rachel's parents, sister and aunt and uncle have been visiting from Wisconsin. We took them on a whirlwind tour of Oregon, taking them through the Gorge to Multnomah Falls and Hood River, down to Crater Lake and over to the coast to experience the sand dunes in Florence and a few days of relaxation at my grandparent's beach house in Lincoln City. All told, we racked up 1500 miles on the rental van in 8 days. Pretty impressive if you ask me. It's been a good week, but also a little tiring and I've had little time to recover before starting my new job tomorrow morning. All that's great, but the big news is......

I asked Rachel to marry me, and she said yes!!!

It certainly wasn't the easiest thing for me to do. Asking her dad was tough. I could never really get him alone, and then one time I had to abort my mission when he asked me "so when did your parents get divorced?" I figured that I'd better shelve the marriage talk until a later date. But I finally did ask him, he said yes, and then Rachel did too, at Boiler Bay on the coast. We're planning the wedding for next summer....July 1 unless something unexpected comes up in the next week or two here.

So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment